Sunday 11 May 2008


Friday I meet up with Andrew and Catherine at the Keble Chapel for the Symes Abbott Lecture. Jane Shaw gave a very good talk on the relationship between belief, practice, religion and spirituality.



We had dinner at a cafe around the corner and decided to have a digestif at Catherine's.




After a brief stop in the Law Library we took a turn around Holywell Cemetery, were lots of Oxford Church types are buried, including Austin Farrer and Charles Williams.












The later it got, the less attractive the walk back to Cuddesdon sounded, and Catherine generously offered to let me stay in her guest room. The next morning I hung-out for a bit while they did minor gardening in preparation for a visit from her folks.
























It was another beautiful day, so I went to Christ Church Meadow and spent a couple of hours working on my sermon for Sunday.








No comments: